Circadence® Project Ares®, the only gamified, artificial intelligence (AI) powered cyber training solution, changes the paradigm for cybersecurity education by engaging learners interested in or pursuing a STEM-focused path by utilizing real-world tools and tactics in immersive, virtual environments.
Students at all levels of proficiency have access to an evolving library of mission scenarios and modern educational resources in a hands-on, gamified environment that brings the static classroom to life. They work alone or in teams to stop hackers, protect systems, and hone their skills inside environments that mirror the actual businesses and organizations they will defend in their future careers.
Developing the next generation cyber workforce starts with Circadence® Project Ares®.
Project Ares® as Robust Cyber Curriculum
The Project Ares® platform trains students at all stages of learning to use real-world tools and tactics within authentic scenarios. Instructors can utilize its features and constantly evolving content library to build a robust cyber curriculum that more effectively prepares students to enter the workforce.
- Gamified learning. Our virtual gaming environment adapts to the experiential learning style of next generation students, and supports customized, task-oriented training, skill-specific games, and mission scenarios for both individual and team-based exercises. This approach encourages the repetition necessary to develop lasting skill and knowledge retention, while keeping students excited and engaged.
- AI-powered. Project Ares® introduces artificial intelligence, powered by IBM Watson™ and SparkCognition™, as a computerized advisor, umpire and opponent. The AI component provides on-demand help and instant feedback to students, freeing up the instructor’s time to facilitate game play, assist with real-time learning, and maximize classroom time. Combined with machine orchestration, the AI component converts real-life scenarios into fresh, challenging content ensuring students have limitless opportunities to hone their skills without frequent duplication.
- Battle School. Students have the opportunity to prepare in the Project Ares<sup>®</sup> Battle School, which enables asynchronous practice and review of cyber skills and knowledge. Key features include: cyber games for technical topics (i.e. Cylitaire, PortFlow), battle room for non-mission specific tactical practice, and a media center for videos, documents, and other key resources/websites in cybersecurity.
- Reward-driven learning. Scenario-based missions and game play enable users to earn skill badges and certifications as expressions of their proficiency on singular cyber tasks and in large-scale, cooperative settings. These badges and certificates encourage progress and serve students long-term as notes of accomplishment to be highlighted on applications for internships, furthering their education, and pursuing their careers.
- Instructor portal. Project Ares® provides administrators and instructors with a dashboard view for progress monitoring, performance assessment, and real-time training intervention. Trainers can also review a student’s activities asynchronously to view automated scoring, add comments, join student sessions or participate in a scenario.
- Assessments, reporting and review. Project Ares® offers review material, instructional videos, technical games, hands-on keyboard practice exercises and complete end-to-end problem-solving in authentic scenarios. The automatic, AI-powered umpire feature grades the student’s performance and eliminates the need for instructors to comb through logs to score homework or tests. Game play is recorded and saved for visibility into students’ activity history. These records serve institutions and teams with data on engagement and skills acquisition, and allow for mission playback for play-by-play instructor/student review. These features enhance learning for the student and allow instructors to focus less on assessments and more on training our next generation of cyber professionals.